FIRH in the Media
- The Globe and Mail sought comment from Susan Waserman (Allergy and Immunology) about McDonalds Canada no longer being nut-free. She was also interview by CFRA radio.
- Susan Waserman (Medicine) advised Best Health Magazine on what allergy medications are available over-the-counter and by prescription.
- CBC News and CHML radio talked to Parameswaran Nair (Medicine) about his research on a new drug that could help people with asthma come off steroid treatment.
- Several media outlets including The Daily Mail, The Mirror, India TV, Radio Canada International and The Spectator covered new research by Dr. Malcolm Sears (Medicine/CHILD study) that shows delaying the introduction of potentially allergenic foods until after a baby's first year may increase the likelihood of a food allergy later on.
- Knowridge Science Report wrote about a study by Malcolm Sears (Medicine) that found that Children who are thumb-suckers or nail-biters are less likely to develop allergic sensitivities.
- The London Free Press noted that Malcolm Sears (Respirology) will be receiving the J. Allyn Taylor International Prize from the Robarts Research Institute.